How can the data density be improved? [OmniFocus 2.3 added custom columns layout]

@brentw505, you’re in good company, Omni has clearly reacted to it- You can even try it out (just follow the above post link). This will be dealt with soon, no worries.

1 Like

Awesome thanks!

Now all we need is an updated alternate layout that’s fully functional (checkbox that works, and resizable columns), and the long-missing blog post from Ken on how to customize fonts and colors.

4 Likes

yup… sooner or later, these things will be included but honestly, checking off items via space bar is my method of choice anyway, a lot faster than fiddling with the trackpad imho…

Well, when I’m processing completed tasks, to use the spacebar takes two actions (click to select, space to mark done). A single click in the checkbox marks it done (like in OF1). And there’s no accidental marking of done when you intended to edit the task either.

But to each their own - the big thing is to correct all the regressions from OF1.

Until later arrives, I’ve downgraded to OF1. Hopefully the race between 10.10 (if OF1 isn’t compatible) and OF2 being usable isn’t going to go the wrong way.

You folks know about this, presumably:

http://braintags.com/blog/2014/05/omnifocus-2-configuration/

I searched this thread and didn’t see it referred to, but I know it’s mentioned elsewhere in this forum, as well as in one of the ScreenCastOnline tutorials on OF2 for Mac.

You can do one of two things:

1. Copy the URL link. Then go to your web browser and paste the link into the address bar. Press Return. Quit and restart OmniFocus to see the change.

2. You can just click on the URL link in the article. Quit and restart OmniFocus.

We’re not the only ones that don’t like hard to read/manipulate controls with low-density layouts.

2 Likes

This is really quite important to me, Thanks!

As of OmniFocus 2.3 (released October 2015) we have added a single-line custom columns layout, made action titles wrap, and reduced the amount of vertical padding between rows when text sizes are smaller. Since this thread lay dormant for over a year, I think it’s probably safe to close.