How to review a subset of the database?

Hello Brian,

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I don’t see it discussed elsewhere. Having a way to filter review items by context would be a big help for me. I do separate weekly reviews for office and home. Right now I’m looking at a combined pile of review items that looks pretty daunting. Have you considered adding a filter in the Review screen?

Have you tried focusing on a set of projects and then bringing up forecast?

On first glance, my take is the same as @lucasburke’s - making the “review everything” workload more managageable by dividing up the projects into chunks would seem to have the most value. Reviewing chunks of contexts would seem to give you a little bit of a swiss-cheese view of your projects - you’d see some parts, but there would be big gaps.

That said, if you can post more about your workflow and what being able to do this would help you do, I’m happy to help. Maybe there’s a different way to accomplish the same goals or we can always file a feature request…

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I know what Floppy is asking. The first time I started looking at Reviews I immediately realized that all my work stuff (and a couple of personal projects) should be reviewed every weekday, and my other personal home, car, hobby, honey-do list, etc… projects should be reviewed once a week, say, on weekends.

I’d like to go a bit further and recommend allowing the user to pick a specific time of day to perform a Review of a specific project.

That way I could get friendly reminders to review work stuff on M,T,W,TH,F, and personal stuff on S,S.