OF2 for iOS: how to duplicate a project?

Hi Omni-folks. Is there a way to duplicate a project in OF2 for iOS?

I have a folder in OF Mac loaded up with numerous detailed ‘template’ projects, all set to on hold. When I need to re-use a project, I simply option-drag the required template project to where needed, amend the name, set the new project to active and get to work.

I can’t see a way for me to achieve the same thing on my iPad? Am I missing something?

A.

I don’t think it can be done. We can only copy and paste actions in OF2 for iOS. We can’t copy and paste projects.

If you send in a feature request to omnifocus@omnigroups.com, it should add to the vote count for this feature.

Thanks for that. Email sent.

A.

Ahhh - but:

If you put your template in a nested task rather than at the top level in a folder, you can copy that.

This is what I do with my templates so I can copy/paste them in IOS.

3 Likes

Now that’s a cunning workaround! Thank you.

Time to do a few tests…

Hi Omni-people. Is there a way to duplicate a project in OF2 for iOS?

I have a folder in OF Mac loaded up with numerous detailed ‘template’ projects, all set to on hold. When I want to re-use a project, I simply option-drag the required template project to where needed, fix the name, set the new project to active and get to work.

I can’t find a way for me to achieve the same thing on my iPad? Am I missing something?

Hi @sujanmia,

I moved your post into the existing thread on this topic.

OmniFocus does not currently have a project duplicate/template feature, however, as mentioned above, you can use the iOS copy and paste functions to duplicate an action or an ’action group’ (actions nested within a parent action).

The best workaround for this is to create your master project (your template), then use the Convert to Action option to turn the project into an ‘action group’.

Once you’ve converted the project into an action group, to duplicate it, touch-and-hold on the action group and select Copy from the contextual menu, then touch-and-hold it again and tap Paste. The duplicated action group can then be renamed and converted back into a project using the Convert to Project option, and moved to anywhere in the project hierarchy using the Move option.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion anne

Sujan
Graphics Designer at this

Thanks Wilsonng

Sujan

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

FWIW, I just did a cross-platform OmniJS Plug-In that solves this problem. Additionaly, it unchecks all the tasks of the selected project/s.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.