1Password support in OmniWeb

I know the issue has been raised before (at least in the old forums), but I wanted to make sure it’d be “on the radar” here in the new forums:
I would LOVE to get 1Password support in OmniWeb. I realize OmniWeb doesn’t support Extensions per se, but if any solution could be found that would make my life (in OmniWeb) a LOT easier…

Corentin

5 Likes

Absolutely. Lack of 1Password support in OW6 is probably the top of my wish list for everything on my Mac.

Mark

2 Likes

Yep - I just want to add its my #1 wishlist option for OW6 as well at this time. It’s actually the only thing preventing me from being able to use OW6 as my primary daily browser…

absolutely OW6 support it.

FUE Hair

I agree that 1Password support would be great, but honestly I’d like to see the browser updated with a few other features first.

yep, 1Password integration would be the number one reason for me to use OmniWeb

Yep - I just want to add its my #1 wishlist option for OW6 as well at this time. It’s actually the only thing preventing me from being able to use OW6 as my primary daily browser…

malik66

Does it make sense to continue support for OmniWeb when there are so many other browsers on the market already? Does OmniWeb do anything different that the other browsers don’t do?

OmniWeb has just always worked well for the way that I use the Internet. I particularly appreciate:

• the multiple lines of bookmarks available above the browsing window
    (where Safari and Firefox only allow one)
  • the thumbnail tabs - both the visual aspect as well as being able to scroll through them rather than have them fall off the right edge of the screen (Safari and Firefox)
  • the easy ability to make a folder of bookmarks - that you can open everything in that folder into tabs with a doubleclick
  • the multiple workspaces - so I can have multiple tabs open for different purposes and switch between all “like” tabs
  • the ability to set preferences for a specific website instead of just general settings that apply to everything
  • the Summarize text feature
  • and probably just as many more that I’m not thinking of right now

These features are so useful that I’m surprised that other browsers have not incorporated them as standards as well. Despite no longer being “officially” supported and as I encounter issues as the Internet moves on from the release I am using for Mavericks, OmniWeb continues to be my main browser due to these features.