Advancing a repeated event without marking it as completed

I have an event that repeats on a particular day of the month (e.g. the third thursday). If I attend it, I will mark it as completed. If I do not, I would like to advance the due due dates without marking it as completed. Is there a straightforward way to do this, or do I have to go in and manually adjust the defer and due dates every time?

this is probably a perfect case for the scenario put flow in 'Creating flow with Omnifocus". If you change the title of the task to ā€˜consider attending meetingā€™ then you can mark it as completed whether you attend or not and with good conscience as you have actually considered your need to attend.

i have adopted this system and it does initially feel like a cheat using verbal gymnastics, but it keeps your faith in the system intact as your not just ticking off undone tasks but actually addressing the task as written.

2 Likes

To add to what @TheOldDesigner wrote, I have a tag called ā€œConsiderā€ so that I can easily pull up a list of everything that Iā€™m considering. In this case, I would also have a tag of ā€œScheduleā€ as itā€™s a task that relates to scheduling my time.

If you choose not to go to the event, I recommend removing the appointment from your calendar or declining the invitation (if possible). This way your calendar serves as a record of events that youā€™ve attended.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.