Alt-dragging multiple items is buggy

Hi there, I used to be able to grab multiple items on the canvas, and then alt-drag them to duplicate. Now, when I do this I get a ghosted version of all items, so it looks like it’s going to work. But when I release my mouse I only actually duplicate one item out of everything I have selected. The only way to do this now is to select multiple items, copy, and paste- which is less efficient and annoying as then you have to take the additional step to place the items.

Please let me know if this is just me, or if it is a known bug. Thanks!

Omni 7.5 (v181.4) for Mac

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Can you check to see if some of your items are locked or on a locked layer? I am not seeing any difference between version 7.5 and earlier versions in the alt + drag behavior, but maybe I’ve missed an important factor. If you have an example document that demonstrates this problem that you can share, it would really help us isolate the issue. Please choose Contact Omni from your help menu and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. There might be a bug here, but as far as I know, this isn’t a known issue new to 7.5.

Thank you for reporting this behavior. I hope we can get to the bottom of the cause.

Thanks,
Lanette

Thanks for your help Lanette. I’ve made a recording for you to illustrate the issue:

video

Please let me know if I can do anything else!

I tried to reproduce the issue you are seeing, but I’m missing something as I can’t reproduce it here. I tried using OmniGraffle 7.5 on Sierra, High Sierra Beta and El Capitan. If it is possible for you to make a copy of your file, and just send us one example of the part that doesn’t alt+drag correctly, I will try to isolate the cause.

If you choose Contact Omni from the help menu, you will get a choice to attach the current document. There is a checkbox to convert all text to gibberish, so no sensitive info is sent along, in case some of the data is private. In this case, replacing the text shouldn’t prevent us from being able to reproduce the issue. I’m glad to take a look! Thank you for reporting this.

Thanks,
Lanette

1 Like

Thanks Lanette, I wasn’t able to use the Contact Omni… command (it just opened my default mail client), so I stripped the doc down to 2 pages and made some red notes in it for you. You can find it here:

Thanks again!

1 Like

I have your testfile and I can reproduce the issue here. Sorry about the trouble. It does seem to be an issue with OmniGraffle. I have reported this issue to the team.

If you need to reach us for support, you can email us at omnigraffle@omnigroup.com, even if your mail isn’t set up on that machine. When using the help menu, Contact Omni includes the version of OmniGraffle. You can find that under the OmniGraffle Menu, choose About OmniGraffle if you prefer to manually email us in the future.

I did find a workaround that might help temporarily until this problem can be addressed. For some reason, the Main Nav layer is throwing off the alt + drag in this document. If I move the Main Nav layer to the below the content layer (temporarily), the alt + drag does work as expected again. Thank you for reporting this problem to us.

1 Like

Thanks Lanette, glad I could help!

1 Like