Amazon Echo / Alexa integration

Withe the Echo Show a nice purple list of today’s tasks would be splendid.

More ambitious (because it’s more specific and would require setup) would be a list of tasks with context “kitchen” or “home”.

I’m interested in this too. Tested out using the Echo with Todoist today and it’s flawless.

It is nice that this allows 2 way but unfoturtunatly in this case we need a three way sync since we want it to mark it complete on Amazon Echo. Sync though there is about a 2 minute delay and a bit of set up and needing to open apps if you want to speed things up to show up in your inbox on OmniFocus. You can say things like “Alexa, add buy pencils to my to do list” instead of having it just saying “Alexa, add buy pencils” which would go to your shopping list. That way you can add whatever you want through Alexa. A bit of setting up with I have tried multiple actions at this point there are many different IFTTT recipies that can be used but none very elegant. I guess in the end if you never look at your Alexa list it doesn’t matter and you can always mark those as complete anytime you want.

1. Creating an IFTTT account (great for Alexa anyway)
  2. Through iOS syncing OmniFocus to your Reminders list to get it to come back to your Mac.
  3. Setting that Reminders list in IFTTT

When you mark it complete in OmniFocus it marks it in Reminders but