Any way to magnify notes?

I send myself a LOT of emails as actionable items, but my “old man eyes” are finding it pretty hard to read the notes within Omnifocus, especially dense emails with a lot of text that I need to refer to. There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to quickly magnify the text of a note (e.g. no cmnd + ). Is this a missing feature, or have I missed how to do this?

1 Like

I think what you may be missing is that you need to select the text to resize.

If you select the text of the note, (⌘+) works to increase font size (⌘-) to decrease it). If you need a different font, color, etc. you can select the text and press ⌘T which brings up the Fonts dialog where you can change those things.

I don’t know of any way to change the default font used for notes.

I don’t know of any way to change the default font used for notes.

That’s a long-asked-for feature in 2.x, removed as compared to 1.x.

Anyone interested in bringing it back, please email support to ask for it.

It’s still a little difficult to do, but you can modify font sizes (and fonts) by adding a custom .plist file to the folder just above where your backups are stored. More info here: How to Guide - Create your own custom [unsupported] Themes for OmniFocus 2 [no longer needed in v2.5]

You’re looking to modify the size values under OFITextStyleNoteBody.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for sharing! That’s the value I never seen anywhere before.
Maybe the note color can be also customized, similarly to task names?
And/or perhaps there’s a way for larger task names (even larger than currently officially allowed in Preferences)?

That link above includes info on changing some text colors in OmniFocus, but it appears notes is not one of them yet.

1 Like