Are custom fonts/colors/styling in the outline view supported? [Supported in v2.5]

Ping - any news on the forum post? Or updates on any of the other issues in the several threads all merged into one?

I do see some small test builds that keep popping up every few days. I see we’re up to version 2.0.2. These new test builds mostly address bug fixes. Custom styling is probably in the queue somewhere. We’ll probably have to wait for version 2.1 for custom stylings to be addressed. We got a sneak peak with that URL which allows us to try the experimental one line layout.

Yep, and that layout isn’t fully functional.

I was specifically referring to the blog post that Ken promised.

@kcase Ken, you are such a tease! I’m trying hard to convince my wife that OF2 is as great as her iPad version, but the lack of visual styling hierarchy in the outline view is killing her. Would be totally happy with a text-file-based hack for now. Any chance that’s still in the works?

How to manually customize styling options in Omnifocus 2 :

I have posted a “how-to” on manually editing OmniFocus 2’s UI and text colors and fonts.

1 Like

I too would like to be able to customise the appearance of OF 2 - the spacing of lines, indents, fonts etc. I could all of this in OF 1 - why not in the new version?

1 Like

Customization is critical. Every time I look at that monotonous page I have no visual clues to find anything, and I want to delete OmniFocus forever. Forget ‘general’ app appearance, give us back the ability to make it appear any way we wish.

1 Like

@lizard, I am another “silent themer” of OmniFocus 1. I have set the colour for “Next Action” to the same colour as “Available” because I don’t use the “Next Action” feature. I have also set the sidebar to Lucida Grande 15, and all other text to Lucida Grande 18. I am not a fan of whitespace, but I like big text when I’m tired.
Nothing crazy, just my favourite font and maximum readability.

This is a good refresh for the app, but is there really no option for changing the themes, fonts, colours? Does anyone out there have a workaround to at least get rid of some of the white? A solarized dark theme would be huge.

I too would like to be able to change the font size and style. I often print a list for the day or week and share this with my employees. I liked that flexibility in OmniFocus 1 previously. Thank you.

3 Likes

I’d like to change the font used. It is really bad. And yes, the views need a better and more inviting and compelling design overhaul. The focus now is on a lot of white space, and less on the actual activities.

Here’s some hidden config settings in OF2 that may help.
http://braintags.com/blog/2014/05/omnifocus-2-configuration/

This is a good refresh for the app, but is there really no option for changing the themes, fonts, colours? Does anyone out there have a workaround to at least get rid of some of the white? A solarized dark theme would be huge.

Best solution is to go back to OF1.

Hi,

I really wish it was possible to add a custom background image in OF2.
Here’s an example of a custom background image added to a Trello board.
Does anyone know how to do this in OF2?

Ken, does this imply “allowing to change font size and colors for notes and most other outline items, as was possible in V1”?

Either way, any updates on this point since April 1? :-)

I believe a more recent status update is over here. Hope that helps!

I don’t see any updates since my question with details of what I’m asking, which is exactly there: How to Guide - Create your own custom [unsupported] Themes for OmniFocus 2 [no longer needed in v2.5]

Closing out this thread, since this is now solved: OmniFocus 2.5 (currently in public test) adds support for choosing between several built-in styles or building your own with custom fonts and colors and metrics.

1 Like