Attaching files to a task quickly

What’s the quickest way to attach 2 files to a task if I have the task selected in OmniFocus and the files selected in the Finder. I would have hoped that drag-and-drop would work – but alas!

You will need to expand the notes section f a task or project. Command-’ is the keyboa d shortcut. Then drag and drop into the note section. This will create a link to the file.

If you use the option key with drag and drop, you will create a copy that goes into the OmniFocus database. This will make your database larger and create longer sync times.

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s interesting. You can drag-and-drop a file in the note section underneath a task, but not in the note textbox in the Inspector, which is what I was trying to do.

I’m assuming this is a bug?

It appears to be standard behavior.

Here is the section from the official manual.

https://support.omnigroup.com/documentation/omnifocus/mac/2.4/en/notes-and-attachments/#notesandattachments

it looks like a bug/oversight. I noticed that if I clicked into the Note textbox in the inspector, the note field becomes the current focus. Then I can drag and drop files in.

Send an e-mail to Omnigroup Support Humans at omnifocus@omnigroup.com for any feature requests or bug reports. They will record your e-mail into their internal database to help prioritize future OmniFocus development.

2 Likes

I just did. And I appreciate the guidance.

Though, FWIW, I have a hard time understanding why I should contact a company in two different places to inform them about a bug. Discourse provides tagging and voting features exactly so that you can have a system that is simple and transparent for users.

1 Like

I think it has been voiced by tech support that they do visit the forums from time to time and try to log bugs and feature requests, but to make sure it doesn’t fall through the cracks, a direct email is the most surefire method. There are a lot of conversations and replies to go through and they might just miss it.

The forums is available for public discourse for us public users to discuss topics related to a common interest.

2 Likes

Thank you. Just reported it. Still the same behaviour in September 2018.