BUG: Clippings service for OO 4.1.4 is not installed?

I can see “OmniOutliner: Add to clippings” listed in services. However, this is for OO 3… So I went to ~/Library and looked up “Services” and found OmniOutliner Professional.service related to version 3. So 3 has clipping functionality installed.

However OO 4 appears to have no service installed whatsoever…

… so I deleted the application (maybe I need to do a full removal??) and reinstalled…the result: NOTHING… still no clipping service is installed with 4.1.4 - Please tell me what sequence of steps I need to take to get it installed (if it isn’t, can someone send me the service file so I can add manually?)

One further observation: Preferences/ a “Clipping Preferences” tab is available in OO 3, but its absent from OO 4…

I also missed the clipping service, but it is easy (if you like Apple script, I certainly do not!) to build an automator service on selected text in every application. There is even the advantage that you can extend the functionality of OO3’s clipping service.

on run {input, parameters}
tell application "System Events"
	set frontApp to (name of first process whose frontmost is true)
	set ooFile to POSIX path of documents folder & "/urig.oo3"
end tell
if frontApp = "Safari" then
	set {theNote, theName} to safariApp()
else
	set {theNote, theName} to anyotherApp(frontApp)
end if
tell application "OmniOutliner"
	set newOut to open ooFile
	tell its document (name of newOut)
		set newRow to make new row with properties {topic:theName, note:theNote}
		set dateCell to third cell of newRow
		set value of dateCell to (current date)
		set newRow to make new row with properties {topic:input}
		tell newRow to indent
	end tell
end tell
beep
return input
end run
on safariApp()
tell application "Safari"
	set theTab to (current tab of front window)
	set theName to name of theTab
	set theurl to URL of theTab as text
end tell
return {theurl, theName}
end safariApp
on anyotherApp(theName)
try
	using terms from application "Preview"
		tell application theName
			set docPath to (path of document of front window)
		end tell
	end using terms from
on error e
	set docPath to e
end try
return {theName, docPath}
end anyotherApp

In the first part I inquire the application, where I selected text. Depending on the application I get some meta data to add it into the ooFile.
To use this service, you have to allocate an Outliner-File with 2 columns, the first column with type Rich Text receives the selected text, the last column with type Date receives a timestamp. Save the file and adopt the the line setting ooFile.