Can projects with a context show not show in context view please

I have a project with a default context of iPad - this is so that when I create a new task for the project it is given the iPad context by default.

When I view my iPad context, it doesn’t make sense to me that it also lists my Project because the only reason it contains that context is to provide a default and the project itself (not being something I can DO as an action) surely has no business appearing in my iPad context view.

Or am I missing something?

1 Like

@KiltyGreen

There is a setting in the preferences of OmniFocus 2 for Mac to show or hide parent items (projects or action groups) in perspectives that don’t use project hierarchy. When set on the Mac it should sync over to the iPad. On the Mac, select Menu Bar ▸ OmniFocus ▸ Preferences… ▸ Organization then uncheck ‘In perspectives without project hierarchy: Include projects and groups’ to hide those.

iOS-only customers should be able to use one of these links to adjust their setting:

To hide parent items from context perspectives:

omnifocus:///change-setting?ContextModeShowsParents=false

To show parent items in context perspectives:

omnifocus:///change-setting?ContextModeShowsParents=true

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much, that’s done exactly what I needed. I’ve seen that Preference setting this time and never been sure what it was for …