Can someone explain the advantage of integrated flag and checkbox?

With Ken’s comments about OF 2.3 fixing the column width issue, I’ve gone back to take a look at OF2 on iOS while I wait for 2.3 on OSX. I’m still expecting to have either the sync broken, or an iOS upgrade break OF 1, and be faced with a forced upgrade (or switch to alternative product) at some point, so am trying to get ahead of things.

Now because there’s no refund option for iOS I haven’t purchased it yet, but on OSX when I tried using the overloaded control, it was difficult to flag something separate from checking it. I presume that we’ll have the same difficulty on iOS. And no, keyboard shortcuts and/or swipe gestures aren’t the answer - that requires multiple navigation steps, lifting hands from one input device and applying to the other, and loss of context.

Eye tracking across a short task name to ensure that you check the correct box is much more difficult than if it’s on the left side of the list.

Basic UI tenets are to minimize navigation, eye movement, and navigation method switching. Am I missing something or does OF pretty much violate all those with this particular “feature”?

Can someone explain what the rationale behind an integrated checkbox and flag is - particularly when it’s on the right side of the task list?

1 Like

I realize this is an old post but I thought I’d clarify this. There is no integrated flag/check on iOS (at least on on the iPhone). You have to enter the inspector for the action and tap the flag toggle, so you cannot flag, on the fly, from the action list, nor can you accidentally complete an action you intended to flag.

That’s good news on iPhone. Have to see on the iPad (and definitely still have the issue on OSX).

Just checked after retrieving my iPad from the office. Looks like the iPad is the same as iPhone.