Can't get "send to Omnifocus2 Inbox" to work [A: log out/in, then try again.]

Hi
within mail, I do see “Omnifocus2 : Send to Inbox” in the Services list (I also disabled the OF1 one), but it doesn’t do anything, no popup, nothing.
Am I missing something?

thanks

Adre

1 Like

We’ve heard from a few folks that they need to log out of their Mac and then log back in again in order for the relevant bits of OS X to notice the new version of the app and start working. If that doesn’t work, searching through the other existing topics on Clipping may also yield helpful information. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Is OF2 open before you try this? If not, try with OF2 open first.

logging out / in / reboot did the trick
Thanks a lot!

Andre

I’m trying to make this work as well and having no luck. When I select a message in my Apple Mail Inbox, then right click to reach the Services: Omnifocus Send to Inbox, I get no Services menu item. I can confirm that the System Preferences has the right Text keyboard short cut option turned on and I have chosen a keyboard shortcut. But my preferred method is to right click for Services.

How do I enable this feature for Apple Mail. I REALLY need the ability to create a Task from an email with a link back to the email.

Thanks!
-Michael

Have you reinstalled the Clip-o-Tron from OF1?

No, I did not install the Clip-o-Tron. I thought the Services option with OF2 was a replacement for that as the Clip-o is not included in OF2. Perhaps I misunderstand, is the OG saying that there is no way to capture an email into your OF2 Inbox with a link back to the original email WITHOUT installed the Clip-o from OF1? Or are they planning to add this before the general release of OF2?

Thanks!

-m

At the moment, you need to reinstall the Clip-o-Tron from OF1 to get this to work. Just start OF1, install the Clip-o-Tron and then quit.

Omni have a cunning plan to avoid that step in the future. Below is a clip @kcase responding to a previous exchange on the subject:

"New sandboxing rules prevent OmniFocus 2 from installing the Clip-O-Tron, but if you use OmniFocus 1 to install the Clip-O-Tron it should work perfectly with OmniFocus 2.

(We don’t intend to make you keep OmniFocus 1 around forever to do this, so we’re contemplating putting together a separate installer package for it which customers will be able to download from our website.)"

You don’t need the Clip-O-Tron to enable linking to email messages; the job of the Clip-O-Tron is to patch Mail to enable the Services menu when you have a message selected (rather than text within a message).

But if you don’t mind selecting text within a message first, you don’t need to patch Mail at all. Just select the text and activate the service (as you can do in any app). You’ll get a new inbox item which links back to that message.

1 Like