Can't Move Actions with No Context in the Flagged Perspective

Howdy,

I am a newbie to OF2 (and didn’t play much with OF1). I added a few items to my inbox today which I want to complete. Then, because I’m starting over and my inbox is flooded with things I wanted to save from OF1, I flagged them so I could easily find them.

I wanted to move one from the bottom of the list to the top, since it’s the one thing I want to make sure I do today, but regardless of whether I click and drag or use ⌃ + ⌘ + ↑, it won’t move. If I click and drag it and release it at the top, it returns to the bottom of the list. If I use the modifier keys, the highlight moves up, but not the action.

Am I doing something wrong, or can I not move actions in the Flagged perspective?

Thanks for any help!
Keith

Hi Keith! Welcome to OmniFocus 2.

The Flagged perspective is one that groups by context, instead of by project, and OmniFocus 2 currently doesn’t let you reorder items within a context. (We’re tracking a few feature requests to support reordering your tasks inside a context.) Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you have OmniFocus 2 Pro, you can create a custom perspective that both uses project hierarchy and filters for Flagged items. Since you can reorder tasks inside a project, you’ll be able to sort your flagged tasks in this perspective as well.

I hope that helps (at least a little)! Don’t be afraid to get in touch if you have more questions about perspectives in OmniFocus 2.

1 Like

Awesomeness! Thanks for the work around. I suspect this will be less an issue for me soon as I create or recreate projects etc, but…please consider this my vote for “fixing” this. :-)

Thank you again for such a quick response!! You guys (always) rock!

1 Like