Can't see overdue actions from top level of OmniFocus 2 Pro

Hi,

I recently upgraded from OmniFocus 1 to OmniFocus 2 Pro. I’m pretty happy so far, but… should I be able to see overdue / due soon actions that live inside of projects? For overdue or due soon actions assigned to projects that live in a folder, there’s a number in a colored circle to let me know that I’ve got overdue / due soon items in folder. This is great. This is what I want. But for overdue or due soon actions assigned to projects that live in the top level of omnifocus I don’t get the number/colored circle. There’s no way to tell that a project has overdue or due soon actions without clicking on it. If I click on the project, I see it’s actions and any overdue and due soon items are identified with a colored completion circle, but, short of clicking on each project or using the Forecast perspective, there’s no way to tell what projects have overdue or due soon actions. Help?

Thanks,

-Ben

Hummm, create a perspective where you filter for due and flagged actions- then sort the list by project, and you have your overview.

To include "deferred "and “due at a specific date” actions I would recommend to toggle calendar display in forecast view (click on the eye and remove the checkmark at the respective position)

Sadly, these are rather rough workarounds, I hope that my answer does not at all sound like this would be the ideal solution to this problem- you can tell by the fact that I am not able to fully adress your problem in one solution.

Hope that helps!