Changing due date in Forecast mode causes focus to jump

I dislike the new behavior, so I sent Omni a quick in-app message.

I think thereā€™s a further problem with this feature. Yes, if Iā€™m in forecast mode and I click on a specific date in the calendar in the top left of the screen, when I change a due date for an event that is scheduled for that date I am not jumped to the list of tasks for the new due date. However, if Iā€™m in a custom view ā€“ even something standard like ā€œDue and Availableā€ ā€“ then the calendar isnā€™t available, and there is no workaround.

While the vast majority of people posting here seem to find the new feature less than helpful, it does also seem the case that a few users like it. Seems like it definitely needs a setting in Preferences so that users can toggle between the current way of working and the previous way of working.

1 Like

Thought Iā€™d give this a bump, as there have been a few updates to OF since we were discussing this but thereā€™s still no sign of including a switch that allows users to choose between the old functionality and the new functionality.

Any idea when this switch might make an appearance?

There was a change back in the 2.8 release that allowed toggling between the two different modes outside of the forecast view. Iā€™m not sure if anything specific was released for handling the issue when in forecast though.

From the 2.8 release notes, if itā€™s helpful:

Scroll Position ā€” The change in v2.7 to keep the selected item visible when changing a date proved unpopular in Forecast, so we have reverted it for that perspective. If youā€™d like to change the global default back to the pre-2.7 behavior, you can use this link: omnifocus:///change-preference?ContentOutlinePreservesVisibleSelection=false.

1 Like