Clip-O-Tron pure applescript link

In case anyone else is hunting for the AppleScript implementation of Clip-O-Tron, here is the Github link.

1 Like

This is pretty amazing - I continue to use this.

Does anyone know, though, if there is a way to modify the script to capture attachments from the mail message as attachments to the task?

Thanks!

ScottyJ

I love this script. Works great. Curious to see if anyone has coded a way around only capturing the most current email in a conversation. Right now the script creates multiple tasks if you start it off a conversation. I’ve tried grabbing the last item but the way Mail orders things doesn’t seem to be consistent.

I modified the script. Now it captures the most current email in a conversation. Tell me if it works for you.

Here is the GitHub link

Unlocked2412: Thx for response and updating.

While it grabs only one message now, it seems to be inconsistent as to which one it pulls. I’m on 10.12.6. I have Organize by Conversation on. Depending on the message thread, sometime it pulls the right one, other times not. I haven’t been able to see a pattern (i.e. works for 2 message thread vs. multiple)

You’re welcome.

That’s strange. Ok, I updated the code. I added a handler that will calculate the most recent message in a thread based on date received property. Additionaly, it now selects the task in quick entry panel.
Maybe this solves the problem. If not, tell me.

Awesome! Works perfectly now. Thanks so much & I learned some new script tricks. Cheers.

Excellent! I’m glad it worked for you. You’re welcome.