Converting item to inside level project, not working

I’ve been attempting to convert an item within a project into a sub project. However while I can see the text “Convert inside” I’m not able to tap it and can only convert it to a top level project which I then need to drag n drop using the Mac version back inside the project I want it in.

Does this “Convert inside” feature not work at all or is there something else I need to be doing to make it work?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Is there any answer on this in the meanwhile?

Have the same issue and question.

Hm… projects within projects currently aren’t supported and that might be where the difficulty is coming from. We do have a feature request for that, though! Please email us if you’d like to be added to that at omnifocus@omnigroup.com

We can nest an action within an action group and create more complex hierarchies, but anything nested below a project can only be an action item.

I can find no reference to “convert inside” in the omnigroup ebook for OmniFocus for iOS (or Mac). In what context can I choose “convert inside” in iOS? It’s always grayed out for me. See attached.

Answered this myself. If you have folders (I never do) they’ll be listed under convert inside.