Custom HTML export

Hi I have been trying to figure out how to modify the HTML template for omniPlan export. The omniplan support FAQ says I should be able to do the following: File ▸ Customize HTML Templates. However, that is not an option for me in the file menu. Any ideas? I have the following build: Build details:

Product: OmniPlan-2.3
Tag: OmniPlan/2.3.5/GM-167.22
Date: 2014-04-21 12:54:54 -0700
Builder: omnibuild

Thanks for your help!

Sorry for the out-of-date support FAQ! We’ll get that fixed.

Fortunately, the built-in Help does have current information on how to do this (under “Customizing HTML templates”, quoted below):

If you know HTML and CSS, you can make your own HTML templates for exporting:

• Choose Preferences from the OmniPlan menu, then click the HTML icon at the top of the preferences window.
  • To create a new template, select the Standard template (or another existing template) and choose Edit a Copy from the action menu below the list.
  • Enter a name for the template and save it in a convenient location.
  • The new template opens in Finder; it is a folder of HTML and CSS files that you can customize to your liking.

Due to security changes in OS X, HTML templates created in versions prior to OmniPlan 2.3 are automatically relocated and not available for direct editing. To change the contents of a migrated template, select it and choose Edit a Copy from the action menu.

For more details (including a list of tokens that OmniPlan can replace in your templates), please see the rest of that help entry.

Hope this helps! (And I’m filing a bug right now about the out-of-date FAQ entry.)

kcase, Thanks for the reply. Thats exactly what I needed! No idea how I missed that.