Daily email tasks summary script

I have a question in relation to the scripting capability of OF (on iOS/iPadOS). Would it be possible to write a script which would send a regular (say daily) email containing a list of outstanding tasks (for example).

I think this may be possible with Omni Automation (though I’m less sure it could be sent automatically, without any intervention at all).

That said, perhaps a better/simpler option for iOS/iPadOS would be to consider using a Shortcut that first gets the desired tasks and then sends the email?

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes I was wondering about the iOS/iPasOS shortcut app too. Not sure whether it can do time triggered activities though, I will have to check.

I believe it can be set to run at a specific time - but you might find that sending an email requires manual confirmation; I’m not sure.

I created a dumb ‘send a dummy email every hour’ Shortcut automation and it only seems to ask for permission on the first occasion, which is good :-)

Now I’ll try to get some live information out of OF to actually put in the email body…

1 Like

Please keep us updated if you get it to work. Perhaps share the shortcut.

FWIW, OmniAutomation has an Email class.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.