David Allen's GTD killer app can be created using OmniFocus and Shortcuts

I agree the text contrast is not that great, it’s also quite small. You can use reader mode in safari which removes all the cruft and gives you just the text in a legible format.

In July 2019, I published this post about an experiment to build a working system as sketched in David Allen’s drawings. The post has gotten quite some attention, and I have received many questions. I have also posted the links to the used Shortcuts, Applescripts, and Keyboard Maestro macros, which were downloaded a lot from this community.

It is about the absolutely fantastic product OmniFocus and its automation features, the excellent stuff the Omni-team has been doing, and this community that shares a lot of knowledge and experience.

Because the system has brought and is bringing value to me, I continue innovating the setup. Furthermore, Apple improved iOS/ iPadOS/ MacOS with Shortcuts, Widgets, and many more improvements. On top of that, Drafts 5 and OmniFocus are also progressing continuously (worth the subscription business model). “The way of working” evolved last 1.5 years, and I received some requests to publish the more matured system.

How it shows now !

For me it is a life saver, to read further: https://wordpress.com/post/bertkruisdijk.com/1223

2 Likes

Thank you very much for documenting your process as well as the means to replicate it. I was in the middle of adopting some of your methods when I had a job change. I look forward to your updates now that I am settled.

Good luck with your new job!