Different Views for sequential projects not showing correct next/available action

I have a sequential project nested under a parallel project. For the sequential project, in the “Remaining” view the actions are not listed in the order of the due date/time. When I click on the “Available” (and thereby “first available”) view the next sequential action is out of sequence. It shows an action due tomorrow as opposed to an action that is due at 3pm today.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I wonder if it is because it is a sequential project that is nested within a parallel project.

All Remaining Actions View, note that it’s sequential, but the actions aren’t in order of due date/time:

Hi there! Sorry about the confusion here. Sequential action groups and projects – and tasks in the project view in general – don’t reorder to match due dates or other metadata. Instead, those tasks will stay in the order you entered them. The idea is that as the person doing the organizing, you are the one with the best notion of the order of tasks that need to be done.

If you want a different order, you can drag around tasks in the “Siding” action group to put the next one first. Since it’s sequential, whichever task you put first will be considered the next available in that action group. Alternately, if you’re looking for a more due date-based overview of your work, you can switch over to the Forecast tab to see what’s coming up on a particular day.

Hope that clarifies things!