"Document from Newer OmniGraffle" every time I create a new document?

Every time I open OmniGraffle and start a new document, I get a dialog box saying “This document was created with a newer version of Omnigraffle than the one you are using.”

Obviously, I’m a bit confused as to how that could be, since I just created the document, so am wondering if anyone might know what it would be giving me that warning.

I’m running macOS 10.12.6 (this is on my work computer, which is managed, so I cannot update it), and OmniGraffle 7.7.1

Any assistance would be appreciated. Obviously not a critical error, as I can just OK through the dialog, but still a bit irritating to see every single time.

Thanks!

Did you upgrade to a newer version or a Beta and then downgrade again? If so, that would mean your templates are newer than your OmniGraffle. You can bring up your Templates by going to File>Resource Browser. Control + Click on a Template and pick “Show in Finder”.

To fix this issue, Quit OmniGraffle. Go to Users⁩ ▸ ⁨username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Containers⁩ ▸ ⁨com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle7⁩ ▸ ⁨Data⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨The Omni Group⁩ ▸ ⁨OmniGraffle⁩ and move the Templates folder somewhere else. Launch OmniGraffle. That should restore the templates to the current version you are using.

Thanks,
Lanette

3 Likes

Thank you!

I know I downloaded a later version (before realizing that I couldn’t use the latest version because of the computer’s OS), and your solution fixed it.

Thank you so much! It was just an annoyance, but man, was it annoying. :)