Easy way to share completed tasks with wife?

I’m finishing up my doctoral dissertation, and as I “tick off” various tasks, I send them to my wife, just so she knows the end is near!

Is there an easy way to share completed tasks with her via omnifocus? I have ver. 2 for mac, but I haven’t had time to use more than the most basic features.

1 Like

I can suggest a couple of options.

Firstly, my wife has started ‘sharing’ my OmniFocus file. So she has access to my complete OmniFocus database on her devices, but I put the projects we are working on together in a specific ‘team’ folder. I’ve created a couple of perspectives and dedicated contexts, and taught her how to just use these perspectives to see our shared projects. So while she could look at everything else in my life, she doesn’t bother!

The other option, and perhaps better in this instance, is to use a script. I use the “Prepare Task Completion Report” on a monthly basis to log all my completed tasks into Evernote. A link to the script and an explanation of it is here. You could then share the generated file in any number of ways.

Good luck!

1 Like

A custom perspective to show completed tasks in the correct project(s), then export those items? Export can be plain text, html, etc.

Love the script but it stopped working for me. I’m running OF 2 and get an error -

"error on line 13 at column 230: EntityRef: expecting ‘;’ <----- When trying to generate today’s completed tasks

“no modified tasks were found for yesterday” <------ When trying to generate yesterday’s report

"error on line 13 at column 2156: EntityRef: expecting ‘;’ <----- When trying to generate this week’s completed tasks

“error on line 13 at column 1118: Opening and ending tag mismatch: br line 0 and div” <------- When trying to generate last week’s report

"error on line 13 at column 7853: EntityRef: expecting ‘;’ <----- When trying to generate this month’s completed tasks

Any idea’s what is causing the script to flake out now? Was working perfectly back in July. Thanks in advance for the help!

JP