Error: Attempted to cause a style

Sometimes i get this error

Attempted to cause a style with undo enabled to depend on a style without an undo enabled.

No idea why this is showing up but i have to copy the whole thing to a new outline doc or the error would pop up overtime i try to create a new row.

I’m getting the same problem. I just noticed it tonight.

This sounds like a new issue. Are you using 4.1.3? And what OS X version? Also, what are you doing when this error appears?

Thanks!

no idea the exact reason why it happens.

But it usually happens when i want to add a new line.

I’m using 4.1.3

Mavericks or Yosemite?

Yosemite OS

The next time this happens, could you send a copy of your file to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com please? It may have nothing to do with the configuration of the file since your solution is to copy it to a new file, but the more information we have the better.

Thanks!

Just installed Outliner 4.1.3 Pro on a new rMBP running Yosemite and can consistently reproduce this error by:

1. Create a new document
  2. Add a couple of level 1 rows
  3. In Styles select Level 1 rows
  4. Change the font size or bold
  5. Return to the document and attempt to add another row

I’ve reproduced this on all new documents so it doesn’t appear to me to be related to a specific file. I tried trashing preferences and this didn’t help me either. I’ve also had the app crash. I will contact support and attach the crash logs.

Trashed 4.1.3 and downloaded 4.1.2 and the app is no longer crashing.

Ah, thanks for the steps! Looks like I can only repro it when using a retina screen, odd. But, good new is this appears to be fixed the next version we’re getting ready to release that fixes the last Yosemite issue we’re aware of.

4.1.4 is now available for download. Please let us know if you’re still encountering this error.

1 Like