Feature request: Nag mode, à la Alarmed iOS app

Hello.

I got this idea from the new (and wonderful) multi-notifications feature in OF3.

The one thing that would complete my to-do workflow would be to be able to switch any action into a “nag mode.” So that it reminds/notifies me every five minutes and can optionally be snoozed for fifteen minutes. This nagging continues forever until marked complete (or for X hours or times).

These lengths (five and fifteen) are also configurable.

This mode would be either manually activated, or associated to the due date or a notification.

This is exactly the functionality of the Alarmed iOS app, which I use even more than OmniFocus. It would be wonderful for these features to be integrated into OmniFocus.

Thanks.

(Also sending this to OF support.)

3 Likes

Glad you’ve sent that in to Omni! This is a cool idea and has been discussed for the roadmap, but the vote up will help prioritize it.

Cheers,

ScottyJ

I love the alarmed app on iOS, but am nervous that it hasn’t been updated for so long. Do we know if the dev is still around?

In the 2018 Omni roadmap, Ken Case wrote about this OmniFocus 3 notification feature:

“Finally, for those cases where there is something that really absolutely must get done now, without delay (like taking your medication), we’re adding a new type of repeating notification that will keep reminding you about a task every few minutes until you tell OmniFocus that you’ve completed that task.”

Unfortunately, that feature did not make it into the initial OmniFocus 3 for iOS release. Let’s hope it will be included soon in a future update as well as in OmniFocus 3 for Mac.

5 Likes

I second this. This is a notification that I was greatly hoping for!

2 Likes

I would love to see this feature. It’s over a year on, is it likely that it won’t be released?

I’ve sent this to OF support too.

1 Like