Filter or sort by repeat frequency

I want to create a time budget to keep my task lists realistic within a given planning horizon. As part of that, I want to determine how much time the aggregate estimated duration of repeating tasks amounts to within a given horizon. To do that, I need a way to filter or sort tasks by repeat frequency, but that doesn’t seem to be among the available filter or sort criteria. Short of manually assigning ad hoc frequency tags to all my recurring tasks, does anyone know of a workaround?

While I don’t think this is quite what you’re looking for, Dan Byler wrote a script called “Total Time” that can be used to calculate the total time of selected items in the current outline. It’s included in the free collection that he shares on GitHub.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Tim, that’s what I’m using (somewhat modified), but without the ability to filter it means I have to select all of the tasks I want to aggregate manually, which is not really practical. Maybe I can get in the habit of giving recurring tasks a tag when I create them.

You’re welcome, @eurobubba. I think giving recurring tasks a tag would be a helpful workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.