Flagged + Due Perspective

Hi deturbulence, been long time viewer of the forums and Omnifocus lover.
I have Due Soon set in preferences as 5 days
My Today perspective is set to filter by Available and Due + Flagged
Yet frustratingly, it shows all Due Soon items. It’s frustrating because there is an option to show Due Soon in the view settings but I specifically want only Due (+ flagged).
Did you figure out how to do this without compromising your Due Soon number in preferences to be 1 day or a few hours?
Or anyone know of any apple scripts that could override this?
Thanks!

@rnbutler87 Nope, no workaround. Although, I have found that the better approach for me is using defer dates, anyway.

If I know I’m not going to start work on something, it should be deferred until either the time I will start work on it, or the time I want to re-evaluate it. I keep my available task list quite short now (of 400+ actions, less than 30 are currently available to me), which makes sense, since I don’t want to clutter my decision making around what I will work on with the many things I have already decided I will not work on.

Emailing Omni is the best approach to asking for the feature change, though, if that is a better approach for you.

Cheers!

ScottyJ

Hi, thanks for the input. I’ve sent a message to Omni detailing my thoughts on the issue.

Definitely agree about keeping available tasks to a minimum. I think the Due + Flagged filter works as expected it’s just a misleading word choice. My Today list is sacred and I’m very protective about what appears there (even from my well intentioned past-self). For me, the planning perspective is where I would like my ‘today’s self’ to have the final word on what gets put on my Today list (i.e. by flagging something). So those pesky Due Soons appearing rather ticked me off!

Anyway, hopefully Omni will listen and either change the way Due + Flagged works to be more reflective of it’s wording. Or create another filter called Due Soon + Flagged so that everyone is happy!

Great to be finally conversing with fellow Omni / productivity enthusiasts!

Kind regards,

Richard

You’ve come to the right place - there are some really smart and helpful people participating here who have taught me a lot!

ScottyJ

1 Like