Hangs and Beachballs in Omnifocus 2 for Mac 2.6.1

Ever since updating to the latest version of Omnifocus for Mac 2.6.1 (v109.3.6 r266443) I’ve been getting a ton of slow downs and hangs. This seems to happen the most when I try to select multiple tasks. I’ve archived old tasks to try and clean up my database, but it’s still happening. Also, it doesn’t seem to help if I close every other app while it’s OF is open.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Hi @ct.hamilton! I’m sorry for the responsiveness problems in OmniFocus. We try to keep the speed of the app steady (or improve it!) between each release, but it’s always possible that we’ve missed something. If you haven’t sent one already, we’d really appreciate an email to our Support team about this issue.

We use samples on the Mac to try to identify slowdowns; if you’re so inclined, you can take a sample of the problem on your Mac by following the instructions on this page, then attaching the resulting file to your email. (If you can, try to make OmniFocus beachball while it’s being sampled. That can really help narrow down where the problem lies.)

Thanks for using OmniFocus!

Hi @tekl - Thanks for the response. I’ll keep an eye on it and try to grab a sample before emailing. It seems to running a little better at the moment for some reason. Thanks!