How do I +1 the due date from the keyboard?

Hi all,

I’m looking for the ability to do a +1 on the due date, from the keyboard, without having to use the mouse.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

1 Like

Hi @edanm! I’m sorry, but at the moment there’s no keyboard shortcut for the +1 buttons. We do have an open request in our system for such a shortcut, though, and I’ve added your message to it.

It’s worth noting that those buttons are navigable with the keyboard if you turn on Full Keyboard Access in System Preferences:

Once that’s on, you can tab from the due date field onto the button, then hit Space to add a day. Maybe that can serve as a workaround?

2 Likes

I managed to accomplish this using Keyboard Maestro. It’s a bit kludgy as it involves identifying the buttons to be clicked using a screen shot of the button area…and it doesn’t work if there are two inspectors on screen at the same time (as this produces duplicated matches). But, it does the job for now.

If anyone would like a copy of my macros feel free to private message me (by clicking on my name and then clicking the “Private Message” button). I’ll be happy to send them to you.

Cheers,
Tim

2 Likes

here’s a little applescript that i use

tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell content of front document window of front document
		set selectedStuff to value of (selected trees where class of its value is not item and class of its value is not folder)

repeat with thisItem in selectedStuff
			-- if it's got no due date value, set it to 12 pm today
			if due date of thisItem = missing value then
				set due date of thisItem to (current date) - ((time of (current date)) + (60 * 60 * 12))
			end if
			-- add a day to it
			set due date of thisItem to (due date of thisItem) + (1 * 60 * 60 * 24)
		end repeat
	end tell
end tell
1 Like

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the input. I’m a new user, so I can’t private message you, but I’d love if you could send me your macros. (edanm@btlms.com).

Thanks,
Edan

This is working really great, I can do some mods based on the current one, thanks a lot.

…mods - such as for example?

For the record:

@hammer updated the above script #4 a little:

set due date of thisItem to (current date) - (time of (current date)) + (12 * hours)

Or if one like to set the due time to 13:05
set due date of thisItem to (current date) - (time of (current date)) + (13 * hours) + (5 * minutes)

/

Would love to see this feature finally (after 4 years ) enabeld in Omnifocus!
Whats so hard in enabling the shortcut for this?