How do I make it so that any project that has an active item in it has an active status?

How do I make it so that any project that has an active item in it has an active status? BH

I don’t think there’s a way to do this automatically

Can you explain what you are trying to do in your workflow?

Putting a project in the on-hold status is the way to make its entire content unavailable. Otherwise it’s in the active status and the usual rules of which actions are available or just remaining will apply. An individual action can have the ‘active’ status but still be unavailable because of tags, sequences, or child actions, for example.

Thanks, When a new task comes in, I want to assign it to a project and for the project to go live. I’ll just have to do it manually. BH

The workflow that the app is designed around would be:

• If your project is an objective that’s not yet completed (and you haven’t decided to put it on hold entirely), keep it active. If there are no actions left, that’s a prompt to create a ‘next action’ in the GTD philosophy. If you keep it empty but don’t want the project node to appear in custom perspectives, you can make use of the ‘Has an active project with no remaining actions’ rule (inside a ’None’ rule) to filter them out.
  • If your project is just a long-running bucket of tasks without a common objective, give it the type ‘Single Actions’. Then its project node will never appear in perspectives.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.