How do you reduce the number of tasks?

I follow the setup guide from GTD company. I have a context named Next Actions with many sub-contexts under it. I don’t use sequential projects, all my projects are parallel, I only give context to actions that can be done ASAP and without any previous actions required. Thus on a day-to-day basis I only look at the context perspective. Once I finish all next actions for one project, I then will check the trigger checklist and plan the next next action during the evening. During the weekly review I will check the project list and I will check area of focus in a month.

Do you use Index your Finder Files or to you Import them directly into Devonthink?

I am planning to Index my whole Files on my Computer to get the organizing power of DTPO. I kind of want to use it as a moe sophisticated “Tags” program which also shows me all the context relating to my files.

Do you think that this would be possible? Thank you!

I don’t index everything in DEVONthink. There are only certainly folders that I might do that for. There are some things I prefer to leave in the Finder.

I see thank you. Since I am new to DTPO. Do you think I would ran into a tagging chaos if I would to that with my Indexed Finder Files? Do you see any risks or troubles in that? Thank you very much!

(Funny I should be alerted to this thread by a “suspected SPAM” post) …

Personally I’m increasing the number of tasks on purpose. What I’m finding is that breaking down a task into multiple smaller chunks I get more done. The reason is because I can schedule the smaller chunks more flexibly. It means, for example

1. I can get some tasks done earlier.
  2. I can do some tasks in “interstitial time”: The odd 5 minutes here and there.

The latter reduced the frustration of waiting around for people… :-)