How to Make a Custom Forecast Perspective?

Great, we definitely have the same approach. The principle is the same, you adjust the dates and I change the tags mapping. For deadlines that should ring the alarm bell in my head, I also use a few sets of due dates, as described in previous posts, which appear in a specially created Deadline perspective and in the Today perspective.
For me the “visual perception” of the time divided by defined time periods in my tag list and the dragging of tasks using “split screen” (2 Omnifocus Windows) on the Mac from a larger time period to a more concrete time period is very important. So every day I do about 5 - 10 minutes review for upcoming periods. Before I switched to the tag system, I had a due and defer bomb in omnifocus. At that time, tasks with defer dates appeared on a daily basis and if I couldn’t do them at the moment, I had to fiddle with the date fields in the task and always check what else I had to do on the day to which I wanted to postpone the task.
Now such a process takes less than 3-5 seconds. In the right-hand window, for example, I look for all tasks under the tag @ Next Week → @ Monday If I can complete this task on Monday, I click on the task to be moved with the tag @ Today in the left window and drag it into the other window to the new tag and remove the old tag @ Today.
For me, this is the above-mentioned “visual perception” of time.
But you can see that here in the forum from the requests for changes and questions that almost everyone here has their own way of planning their tasks.
I wish you a good time and thank you for the “discussion”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.