I need custom working week hours to show a task start/finish date, given its hours of effort

I want to use OmniPlan for various projects in my personal time.

Say I have 5 hours at the weekend to work on them.

If I give a task 20 hours work required then does the Gantt view (Tasks) automatically size the task bar, taking into account the working hours and effort required.

I’ve had a look and experimented but can’t see how the Working Hours and Task bar “connect” up like this.

@therobyouknow It is possible to set this up, however a one day work week may not result in the “prettiest” Gantt chart. In the following screenshots I’ve set up a work week that only has one 5 hour workday and a task that requires 20 hours of effort. Selecting View > Non-Working Time > All in the OmniPlan menu bar reveals the 6 non-working days per week in the the project (non-working days are represented in grey on the gantt chart, working time is white).

Hope this helps!

Thanks @ains. Would having the task bar stretching over a number of days is the best way track a one day working week, when most days the work isn’t being done? What are your thoughts on having the task bar only on the weekend - that would give a more visible way as to when the work is done. What do you think?

@therobyouknow We have an open feature request for the Gantt bar to “jump” over nonworking hours - I’ll attach your comment! For the time being, you could hide the non-working hours in the Gantt.

We have an open feature request for the Gantt bar to “jump” over nonworking hours - I’ll attach your comment! For the time being, you could hide the non-working hours in the Gantt.

Hi ains, is there a direct URL to this open feature so that I can track progress on it? Thanks.

@therobyouknow Sorry, we don’t have a publicly-accessible development database at this point in time. If you’re interested though, more information about how we handle feature requests is available in this Support article.

If you’d like to keep an eye on bug fixes and new features as they are released, we try our best to document each change in our app release notes!