Install omnifocus 1 on ipod touch 4th generation iOS 6

Any way to do the above? App store only has OF 2… I have an old ipa file from a iphone backup, but dont’ know how to get it on this little ipod touch.

any help much appreciated, thanks!

If you restore your backup to the iPod touch, does the app not come with it?

Thanks for your response. unfortunately the iPod Touch is new (to me) and the backups are for an iphone 4 that I no longer have.

Hmm, I though that iTunes allowed you to restore a backup from one kind of iOS device to another, as long as they are from compatible OS versions.

Because version 1 is no longer for sale, product searches won’t find it, but assuming you’re still signed into the same iTunes account as originally bought it, you should be able to use the “Purchases” tab on the device to download and re-install it at no cost. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Many thanks, your excellent email support humans also responded. Sharing here in case it can help someone in the future:

Thanks for contacting us!

You can reinstall the app from the App Store. Here’s how…

1. Tap on the App Store app.
  2. Tap on the “Updates” button in the bottom right corner, then scroll the page down and tap on “Purchased” at the top.
  3. Tap on “Not on this iPhone” and scroll down until you see OmniFocus 1.16.3. Download it onto your iPhone.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Aaron Kwong
Product Manager, OmniPlan
Omni Group

2 Likes