Introducing OmniFocus 2 for iPad!

One simple question before I purchase this app… the reason I stopped using the old OF1 and switched to Wunderlist is because OF1 made dumping tasks into Inbox a chore. I had to tap a button to bring up a task window each time I wanted to input something into the Inbox.

kaleem

If you wanted to add multiple items to the inbox, you can type in the first entry and then tap the Save+ button to add new entries. Would that help?

Any X-mas discounts are planned?

I bought education licenses through your store and have downloaded for Mac - how do I download for iPad now being its already paid for?

OmniFocus for iPad is a separate purchase. You can buy and download it from iTunes on your Mac or directly on your iPad in the App Store app.

1 Like

I have an iPhone 5S and no iPad. I bought OmniFocus 2 for iPhone last year and have been using it since.

I’d love to be able to make the Notification Center widget a bit more useful by having it show my Flagged tasks (which I use a lot) vs. just my Due tasks (I don’t use due dates as much).

If I’m understanding correctly, my only way of getting this feature would be to 1. use “complete my bundle” to get OmniFocus for iOS ($20) and then spend buy the Pro upgrade ($20) – so, $40 total on top of the $20 I think I paid originally. Am I understanding that correctly?

Also, are further feature enhancements (let’s say, for example, you make it possible to use the Notification Center widget to add items to the Inbox, as Evernote does quite nicely) – is something like that likely to land in this top tier of Pro pricing as well?

Omnifocus has some URL schemes that can be used by certain apps to call into specific features bypassing the need to click through the Omnifocus screen. I just found out yesterday from another comment here that Launcher is available for free in the app store ($3.99 pro version) and I downloaded it and its great. It lets you configure a couple of rows of icons in your notifications area to launch virtually any app / message anyone / call anyone / etc. It also handles URL schemes, so I now have an icon in my Today widget that when tapped opens the New Inbox Item screen in Omnifocus. I also have one called Today that goes directly to the Omnifocus Forecast screen for the current date.

You can also use a program like Launch Center Pro with URL schemes, which I bought a while back but really don’t use it very much at all. I like Launcher far better now since it sits right in the Today bar.

Launcher website: http://www.cromulentlabs.com/launcher.html

URL schemes for:

Add Task: omnifocus:///add

Today View: omnifocus:///today

2 Likes

That’s definitely a cool tip, but it still concerns me that OmniFocus’s notification center widget is so anemic and that there are only very tiny enhancements to it to be had by paying a LOT of money to upgrade from OmniFocus 2 for iPhone.

OmniFocus for iPhone v2.5 is a free update to OmniFocus for iPhone which adds support for customizing the Today extension to display other views. (It also adds landscape support—and even adds some Pro features for our loyal customers who purchased before v2.5 shipped, such as support for project-mode perspectives.)

Customers who have paid $60 (for the universal app with the Pro upgrade) will receive more features than customers who purchased the iPhone-only app for $20. My blog post introducing the universal app includes a comparison chart: for example, for $60 (total investment) you can build custom perspectives and you also get an Apple Watch app. But as you can see in v2.5, we’re continuing to make substantial improvements to the app for all our customers, not just those using the universal app.

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Having trouble re-installing v1 to get the free Pro upgrade in v2

i dislike it