Is the "Find text" Filter for a Perspective supposed to get stuck?

Perspectives is something I don’t know a lot about, I admit. But I found under the Filtering settings for a Perspective an item called “Find text” that allows me to filter by text string for a Perspective. That sounded cool. I put the word “Today” in that Filtering field so that my new Perspective would show all the projects with “Today” in their title. It works great!

But when I then switch away to a different perspective—like Inbox, Projects, Contexts—the search filter (top right corner of the UI) still says “Today”.

Am I missing something here? It seems like switching to a Perspective makes the Search filter get stuck on the search item set in “Filtering, Find text”. The only way this is not a problem is if I switch to a different perspective that ALSO has some data in the field “Filtering, Find text”; then the filter will effectively change to the new “Find text” search string.

But if I am switching to a Perspective that has no value in the field “Filtering, Find text”, the search string filter will not switch to null. This includes a lot of the main perspectives, like: Inbox, Contexts, Projects.

I am just wondering: is there a way around this? Is there a setting I’m missing? Am I approaching it the wrong way somehow?

Or do I have to remember to clear the search window at the top right of the UI every time I switch perspectives?

I think it does stick, yes. Usually you can clear it by selecting the new perspective twice (I.e. command-2 command-2).

I think it does stick, yes. Usually you can clear it by selecting the new perspective twice (I.e. command-2 command-2).

Awesome! Thanks.

Actually, it’s a bug that got fixed in OmniFocus 2.0.4. All I had to do was upgrade.