Is there any documentation on PlugIn.Handlers ? In particular:
- What is the proper way to register via the plugin manifest
- What is the lifecycle ? The
canvas.onGraphicChanged(handler)appears to be the only way to use them.
- What is the purpose of the
handler.willAttach()callback - the value it returns is then passed with each property change notification, but it’s not clear what this can be used for.
- What is the purpose of the “Handlers” section in the Automation menu ? It shows an item for each registered handler, but that doesn’t do anything.
- How to avoid Omnigraffle crashing with an attached handler when deleting graphics from the canvas.
I have managed to register an automation handler in my plugin manifest and attach it to a canvas.
It receives the callback whenever properties of graphics on the canvas change - this is exactly what I am looking for !