Item completed on all but one device

I have OmniFocus on two MacBooks (one at work, one at home), two iPads (an Air and a Mini 2) and and iPhone.

I don’t fire up OF on my home MacBook as frequently as the other devices but I’ve never noticed any sync discrepancies until now. A task that I’ve completed a few days ago is still appearing as incomplete on my home MacBook. I’ve pushed the sync button a few times but it stays incomplete. I’ve checked on my iPhone and it’s definitely completed.

I didn’t want to simply complete the task on my home MacBook without checking why this has occurred. Does anyone have any clues?

Sorry about the trouble with OmniFocus. Is the item an action group with all of the sub-tasks already marked completed? If so, there is a known issue we are working on getting resolved. Your syncing is working correctly, but in some cases when all of the child items are marked complete, the parent action item can’t be marked complete later. Thank you for taking the time to report this problem to us. We have reproduced this bug here as well.

Workarounds

• Rebuild Database on the device where it can’t be completed, which is under the File menu on the Mac.
  • If you add a new action item below the item that you can’t complete, that will allow you to complete it, then delete the extra item you just added.

It is safe to work around this problem using either method until we can get it fixed. Until we can fix the problem, you can mark the last item complete by completing the parent item and avoid this problem, or use one of the workarounds if it happens again. Once again, sorry about this issue.

Thanks,
Lanette

Hi @lanettetest. Thanks for your response.

This item is just the last task in a project. There are no sub-items and only two previous tasks that are completed.

I will do a rebuild of the db as you’ve suggested.

Regards,
Peter.

Hi Peter,

Please let us know if you see this again, as I’m not aware of any cases where a single item isn’t completed after syncing. On occasion a database rebuild is needed just to make sure everything is matching freshly on all platforms. Usually this is rarely used and mostly for troubleshooting, so hopefully this is a one time situation.

If the rebuild on Mac doesn’t solve it, you might also try to rebuild on your iPhone by clicking omnifocus:///debug?rebuild-database and agreeing to the prompt. If this continues to happen, please let support know at omnifocus@omnigroup.com and we will try to figure out what is happening, since it doesn’t sound like you are running in to the known problem that we have seen here.

Thanks,
Lanette

Thanks Lanette. The rebuild worked - that item is now marked complete on the home MacBook so all appears well.

Regards,
Peter.