Linkbacks are hanging after upgrade to v7 [Fix coming in v7.1 - when?]

Hi,
I just upgraded from 6x to v7, and now, when I double click on any linkbacks (embedded PDF symbols) from my (previously super reliable) main working document, OG becomes unresponsive (spinning pizza; Force Quit lists it as “not responding”). Is this a known issue? I can’t imaging doing my work without symbols.

Sorry for that hang! We just recently discovered that issue ourselves: it seems to affect any LinkBack objects created by OmniGraffle 6. (It works fine with objects created by v5 or v7, which is why we didn’t catch the issue sooner.)

We’ve fixed this issue for the upcoming v7.1 update.

Thanks @kcase - do you have an estimate for when 7.1 will become available? I cannot proceed with active design work without a fix to this. If it’s going to be more than a day or two, how do I roll back to v 6? Will the document I opened/saved in v 7 be openable back in 6, or has it been irreversibly changed to only work with 7?

[quote=“jlachoff, post:3, topic:27368, full:true”]
Thanks @kcase - do you have an estimate for when 7.1 will become available? I cannot proceed with active design work without a fix to this.[/quote]

I think we’re currently aiming to get 7.1 into public test within the next week or so.

We’ve intentionally made the file format as compatible as we can. You can (and I often have, during testing) bring documents from v7 back to v6, though obviously v6 won’t understand anything new that was introduced in v7. (For example, if you take an artboard from v7 back to v6, it will just look and behave like a plain shape rather than an artboard.)