Looking for specific functionality

If it’s on my calendar, that “guarantees” I’ll work on it. But unfortunately, I may not get it done.

If I don’t get it done, I’d like to keep it on my task list. Or better yet, update the estimated time on my task list. Then tomorrow, I can schedule time to work on it again. And this time hopefully get it done!

I used task lists to organize my tasks. But I really, really, really want to schedule specific times to work on those tasks. Two way integration between task lists and the schedule would be really effective for me.

So my workflow on a daily basis:

1. Review tasks that need to be accomplished today in the morning.
  2. Schedule those tasks on my calendar. Using the estimated durations in OF.
  3. Work and mark tasks that actually got completed as “done.” Keep a log of how much time I work on tasks so that I can estimate better in the future. (So I’d like to also have a field for actual time.)

With OF and Fantastical on the Mac, I can actually do #1 and #2. But if I go back and look at OF at all while doing #3, I get really confused. Because OF lists tasks in a different order than when I look at my calendar. If I look at forecast, I see the task and then separately I see the scheduled event. Duplication and confusing.

And I can’t do anything with OF on iOS. It just doesn’t integrate well with anything else.

Peter Bregman has a pretty good book on this approach: 18 Minutes.

Hi all, wondering if anybody has come across any apps that allow scheduling of tasks and a visual display of those tasks?

I have found one that partly does what is needed, but doesn’t integrate with calendar, or allow customising of task duration:-