Make row with level property

Hello. I’m trying to make a row with a level property, so that its indentation is correct. I’m essentially trying to make children by using levels.

The first script below returns “OmniOutliner got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.”

make new row at end of children of last row of front document with properties {topic:note_text, level:2}

Here’s the whole thing:

set {fav1, fav2, fav3, fav4, fav5, fav6} to favorite colors

if rgba is fav1 then
			tell application id "com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4" to make new row at end of rows of front document with properties {topic:note_text}

else if rgba is fav2 then
			tell application id "com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4" to make new row at end of children of last row of front document with properties {topic:note_text}

else if rgba is fav3 then
			tell application id "com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4" to make new row at end of children of last row of front document with properties {topic:note_text}

else if rgba is fav4 then
			try
			on error
				tell application id "com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4" to make new row at end of rows of front document with properties {topic:note_text}
			end try

else if rgba is fav5 then

else if rgba is fav6 then

end if

Realize this is old thread but in case anyone else comes along like me trying to figure this out, this is what works on my machine:

To make a new child use “at”:

make new row at last row of front document --> child

To make a new top level row use “at after”:

make new row at after last row of front document --> top level

To make a new sibling use “at” and then outdent:

set newRow to make new row at last row of front document
outdent newRow --> sibling

SG

1 Like

SG - thanks for posting how to create a new row, I have just used your hints while updating a script that copies an email from mail to the open OO document.

Simon