Migrating Out of Omnifocus

Hi everyone

I have been using and loving omnifocus for years (since Omnioutliner and the Kinkless GTD days) but now my needs have changed. I need to use android and windows for work, and I need to be able to share and collaborate on tasks. I am wondering if anyone knows which applications on other platforms I can export my OF data to and what the best processes would be for doing so.

Thanks!

I’d suggest Export as CSV. There are many task apps that can read/import CSV and many other apps that could work with CSV and allow you manipulate to fit your needs.

That said - other task apps (I don’t know Windows or Android, so I can’t offer details) will work in very different ways, so it might make more sense to use your OF export as a reference and build your new task management workflow from scratch.

Thank you for your response. I guess that I had mistakenly thought that when OF integrated the TaskPaper format that it would make exporting into other applications more straight-forward. In any event, I’ll give CSV a try!

The question then becomes “does the other app accept Taskpaper formatted text?” The new app would need to have the ability to import Taskpaper text files.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.