Moving to new computer – how to replicate OF layout?

Hi!

I’m moving to a new computer. I’ve got all my tasks and perspectives synced to it. But could I easily move all application settings as well? Thinking of notifications, layouts etc.

Thanks,
Anders

Hi Anders,

I haven’t tried it myself but maybe this will work.

Best regards
Andrée

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16737

The data files are in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus.

If you copy that entire directory to the new machine, in the same location, you’ll have all your data. You can copy ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist if you want all you preference settings as well.

Hi folks! I’m afraid the information from the old forums is a little out of date – with Apple’s introduction of sandboxing and the release of OmniFocus 2, the preferences and data for OmniFocus now live inside a special “app container” elsewhere on the filesystem. The ~/Library/Application Support files will only be referenced by OmniFocus 1.

Unfortunately, there’s not an easy way to move app preferences between these app containers. You might try the Migration Assistant, which can migrate application data; it might require that you migrate all your apps, though, which might not be suitable for you.

If that doesn’t work, or you need more assistance, please feel free to email our support team. They can work through migration with you.