Multi-page pdf issue

other users cannot open multi-page pdfs when I ‘save as pdf’ on Sierra, omni-g 6.6.2. When i create pdfs for each individual page there are no issues with other people opening them. How can i fix this?

If the window appears as a blank window with larger PDF files when trying to open them in a web browser, that is a Windows bug that impacts people trying to view PDF files in their browser where the PDF files themselves do not seem to be the cause. You can read more about that known issue from Microsoft support at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/177321/adobe-acrobat–pdf-files-appear-as-a-blank-window-or-frame. They may have more success if they download any PDF files, and open them in Acrobat Reader rather than in a web browser. The suggested workarounds are to split your document into multiple PDFs or to have Windows clients try the suggestions in the support article.

They can also try these suggestions from Adobe to help isolate the cause of the failure to read a PDF document at https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/cant-open-pdf.html.

If there is an error, or a behavior other than the known issues described in the support articles, please choose Contact Omni from the Help menu and we would be glad to troubleshoot this issue with you in more depth.

Thanks,
Lanette

1 Like

thanks for the insight, Lanette. These are mac users for the most part trying to open it. I can open them fine locally in preview but one user reports blank pages in acrobat like you mentioned above with windows users but on mac. One user reports that the pdf crashes preview. printing each page separately to pdf works fine but is not optimal. The file size is 513kb, D-size layout

Hi Ted,

It’s hard to predict what the cause is when a PDF works correctly on some systems and not others, because there are so many factors. If you are able to share an example of a PDF that causes this problem to us, we can try to reproduce the issue and isolate the cause.

Thanks,
Lanette

is what i share public?

Please email us just the smallest part that reproduces from Contact Omni. We will not share it in public. Don’t post it here though as that is public.

Thanks,

Lanette

1 Like