Mystery event in Forecast perspective on "Found in Natural Language" calendar

I bought a ticket to a play online and got an email confirmation of my purchase. The show is on a Thursday at 7:30 p.m. A few minutes later, when I looked at the Forecast perspective in OF, there was now an event called “Show” from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on that same Thursday. Underneath the event name where the calendar name normally appears, it says “Found in Natural Language.” When I click the calendar icon to the right of the start and end times, Calendar launches, but there is no “Show” event at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, and there is no calendar called “Found in Natural Language.” Where do I find the source of that entry in the Forecast perspective? I’m assuming it’s a best guess at grabbing an event from that confirmation email. I’d like to either edit it so that the information is correct or delete it.

Thanks.

I had this happen once because of something I wrote in Messages and I think the only place that it appeared was, like for you, OmniFocus. I think the only way to get rid of it is to find where this ‘Show’ event is coming from and then removing it by going to the Siri preferences in System Preferences and then clicking on Siri Suggestions and Privacy.

3 Likes

Yep, that solved it. I deselected Mail in Siri Suggestions and Privacy and the event went away. But also kind of goofy is that immediately turning it back on did not make the event return.

Thanks.

Worth noting, you can also just turn it off for Omnifocus. I find I use Siri for more tasks in everything but Omnifocus due to the required complexity of information going in.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.