New OmniFocus 3 Database format

I don’t quite understand what feature was added with the new OmniFocus 3 database format that I was just prompted to upgrade to today.

I don’t see anything about it here.
https://support.omnigroup.com/omnifocus-database-migration

It says it doesn’t support OmniFocus 2 and “Dropping individual actions and Inbox items” is the new feature. Could you not drop actions in the inbox before? Is that what needed a forced upgrade to the new database that wasn’t backward compatible?

1 Like

You couldn’t drop actions before at all—only projects. Now you can decide not to do an action and the database can represent that, instead of a workaround like deleting or completing the task.

3 Likes

The database has been restructured and will facilitate future features that will be coming. You won’t see anything now besides the dropped status. But changes are coming.

I think another feature that is not available in the older OF2 database structure is having multiple notifications for tasks and projects.

I can guess that task sharing will be a feature that will require the new database structure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.