No symbol for active projects that are deferred?

What happened to the clock symbol from Omnifocus 1 indicating that an active project has been deferred?

I have a bunch of one-time projects and repeating projects that are active but deferred to a specific date. (Those projects are not “on hold,” but the date on which one or more actions become available has not yet occurred.) The clock symbol in Omnifocus 1 was very helpful — it was a great way to see immediately that I don’t need to worry about a particular project at the moment and that I already have planned on when I will start the project.

Am I missing something here?

3 Likes

To achieve this end, one would typically create a custom Perspective that only showed Available projects.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. You have helped me re-think my custom perspectives — I likely will revise some of them to show only Available projects.

The Projects perspective is where I really miss the clock symbol. I use the Projects perspective to get a quick snapshot/big picture view of my projects. In OF 2, the Projects perspective is set to include Remaining projects. On-hold projects are clearly identified by the pause symbol. However, without the clock symbol, there is no distinction between projects that are active and available vs. projects that are active but deferred to specific date. That distinction is important to me when I’m trying to see the big picture in my project hierarchy. Bringing back the clock symbol for deferred projects would make a huge difference for me in the value of the Projects perspective.

1 Like

I am very happy with Omnifocus 2 so far except for the problem being discussed here.

Deferred projects are conceptually different from available and on-hold projects. To get an overarching view of my projects, I need to see which projects are which type. Please restore the clock symbol feature so we can differentiate among those three types of projects in the Projects perspective.

3 Likes