Odd problem with a line snapping to the same place in the document

Anyone seen this? No matter what line I use, new or copy, in this document the destination of the line (red dot) snaps to the same place in the document. Once it’s there, I cannot move or edit it, all I can do is delete the line. I’ve tried a new layer, new canvas still the same problem. It;'s like the document has reached a point where it simply will not create new lines with a different destination.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
System Version: macOS 10.12.6 (16G1212)
Kernel Version: Darwin 16.7.0

OG 7.7 (v186.3 r304173)

Thanks!

Hmm… My first thought is that auto layout might be enabled and causing the line to move? That setting is in the Diagram Layout inspector which is on the Canvas tab by default. Typically that only moves objects though, not lines. If that isn’t it, I would look at the canvas settings in the Canvas Size inspector which is also on the Canvas tab by default. A Flexible canvas may be shifting under your line making it look like the line is stuck in place.

Is this only a issue in a specific document or does this happen in all documents?

Dan

It’s only in that one document. And started after the document was nearly finished. The rest of the document behaves properly, and I can move lines around and create new ones. But when I even get close to that point it grabs the end of the line. If I move other lines that are at least ~200 px away it works fine. It’s like there is some uber-magnet set up at that spot.

So weird!

That does sound strange! Is it a document you can share with us? If the file contains confidential information, you can send us an anonymized version by going to HelpContact Omni, then check the checkbox before clicking Include Document.

Dan